To encourage shopping at local, independent, and family-owned shops in Haddonfield, New Jersey, Haddonfield Financial Planning, a local business with lots of hometown pride, launched the “Candy Cane Challenge” – a chance for two winners to each take home a collection of fabulous prizes.
How it works:
From December 14 to 18, participants can visit Downtown Cookies® and Patricia of Mullica Hill – locally-owned businesses on each side of King’s Highway in Haddonfield – to guess how many candy canes are in a glass jar on each counter. Each jar has a variety of sizes of candy canes and its own total number. Participants can make as many guesses as they’d like. The two winners, announced on December 21, will be the closest guess to the total number of candy canes in that respective jar.
The collection of prizes includes:
- Custom gift basket from Haddonfield Culinary
- Growler of beer and a prepaid Growler fill card from King’s Road Brewing
- Dinner for two from The Little Hen
- Two four-hour electric bike rentals from Pedego Haddonfield
- Gift certificates from Mecha, Inkwood Books, Lavish Loft, and other merchants
- More selections chosen by Santa’s elves
“Supporting local merchants, especially during the holiday season, helps to make our community a place of character and neighborly support,” says Adam Puff, President of Haddonfield Financial Planning. “Shop Haddonfield and keep it local – investing in your community pays it forward.”
Good luck, and remember to shop local this season!
You can keep this website going by making a donation below: