Gianella and Andrew Kaplan are bringing Peruvian cuisine to Ocean County with their SnowChi Peruvian food truck. Their goal is to introduce a taste of Peru to the residents of Ocean County.
The catalyst for starting the food truck is Gianella’s Peruvian heritage and her love of cooking, at the urging of her husband.
“Family and friends always loved my food,” Gianella told South Jersey Food Scene. “The name of our company was inspired by combining the names of our late pets and came up with SnowChi.”
The truck will offer the following menu that day:
- Pan con Chicharron – which is a pork sandwich. It comes with slices of fried pork, sweet potato slices, and onion relish served with coffee.
- Papa Rellena – deep-fried stuffed mashed potato with beef filling served with a side of onion relish (choice of mild or spicy sauces).
- Papa a la Huancaina – Yellow cheese sauce served on potatoes and garnished with egg and olive.
- Picarones – sweet potato and Squash Donuts, served with chancaca hone (warm, sweet sauce).
- Alfajores – Two soft, anise cookies with dulce de leche filling with powdered sugar on top. Option of coconut flakes.
- Chicha Morada – a refreshing purple corn drink infused with fruits, lime juice, and cinnamon.
- Inca Kola – a Peruvian soda similar to pineapple Fanta soda.
- Water bottles
SnowChi Peruvian will be available for special events, private parties, and corporate events. Follow them on social media for updates.
You can keep this website going by making a donation below: